|To Love a Child, Inc. - Providing Opportunities for Children in Need||
Our Projects in Haiti
On January 12, 2010 a 7.0 magnitude earthquake hit Haiti imposing enormous misery to its people, but, especially to the children. Our goals are to see that the children under our care are safe and secure. We strive to make sure they have the supplies they need to be comfortable and we work with our project managers to ensure that the children have the supplies and resources needed to continue their education.
It is estimated it will take 10 years to bring Haiti back to the stage it was in prior to the earthquake. We have a lot of work ahead of us but with your continual support we can create sustainable communities for children and their families.
Where We Work
Rantlamouaie, Haiti: This village of 2,500 is located near the border of the Dominican Republic.
Orphanage for the Aide of Unfortunate Children: Carrefour
What We Do
1. nutrition-over 70,000 meals served in Haiti and Zimbabwe
2. solar power
3. spiritual support and friendship
4. first aide clinic and patient ward
5. training and education for adults and children
7. personal hygiene supplies
8. Maternal Health Care
9. Infant Development Program
10. Animal Care Program
11 school supplies and equipment
12. services and supplies for people with special needs
13. teacher's salaries
14. "Living Classroom" - School Garden with partner Soroptimist
16. latrines and handwash stations with partners SEED,
AECOM, Soroptimist Saratoga and the Boy Scouts
17. clean water with partner AZTECH Technologies, Inc.
To Love a Child makes every effort to align its programs with the United Nations Millennium Development Goals of eradicating poverty and hunger, achieving universal education, promoting gender equality, reducing child mortality, improving maternal health, combating HIV/AIDS and malaria, ensuring environmental sustainability and developing a global partnership for development.